ALL RECIPES ARE LOW CAL AND LOW FAT! Some are from the weight watchers website and some are from allrecipes.com. And one is my own creation. Enjoy! :)
3 oz. light cream cheese softened
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 tsp light margarine melted
1 8oz can reduced fat crescent rolls
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp milk
1/4 tsp pepper
2 Tbsp chopped onion
In a blender (or by hand) combine cream cheese, butter, salt, pepper, milk, onion. Blend. Pour mixture over chicken and stir. Separate crescent roll dough into four rectangles and seal perforations.
Spoon 1/2 cup mixture into center of each. Pull opposite corners of dough to center and seal-sprinkle each "baseball" with bread crumbs and place on ungreased cookie sheet or pizza stone. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cubed
4 cups low-fat spaghetti sauce, no more than 2 grams fat per serving
1 1/2 cups water
2-3 Tbsp. hot sauce
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt
15 oz. nonfat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute
3/4 cup crumbled bleu cheese
Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spary; place over medium high heat until hot. Add chicken and saute 4 minutes. Drain well. Stir in spaghetti sauce, water, hot sauce, vinegar and garlic salt. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute; set aside. Spray a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup of the sauce over the bottom of the pan. Arrange 3 or 4 pieces of lasagna over sauce. Spread with sauce, then layer with the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers until all ingredients are used, ending with sauce. Cover and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with bleu cheese and bake 5 more minutes, uncovered. Cover and let stand 15 minutes before serving.
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 medium onion, chopped
16 oz tomato sauce
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp Italian seasoning
your choice of veggie toppings: mushrooms, olives, peppers, etc.
15 oz refrigerated biscuits, quartered (average brand, lowfat, per biscuit: 52 calories, 1 g fat, 0.4 g fiber)
1.25 c FF or soy mozzarella shreds
1) Preheat oven to 350*. In skillet, brown meat over medium heat, stirring to crumble. Stir in onion, tomato sauce, basis, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
2) Add veggies and optional turkey pepperoni. Add quartered biscuit dough; stir gently until biscuits are covered with sauce.
3) Spray a 9 x 13" casserole dish with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and bake an additional 10 minutes or until biscuits are done. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
large shrimp (6 per person)
fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon butter, melted
minced fresh parsley
1) Preheat your grill to high heat.
2) Prepare the shrimp seasoning by mixing the spices together in a small bowl.
3) Remove the shell from the shrimp. Stick a skewer through the middle of each shrimp. Push them together on the skewer so that they fit into each other. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the shrimp. Brush melted butter generously over the top of the shrimp. Sprinkle a light coating of the seasoning on the shrimp.
4) Place the shrimp onto your hot grill with the seasoning side down. Brush some more butter over the other side of the shrimp - the flames should jump up from the butter. Sprinkle a light coating of seasoning over the shrimp (you should have lots of seasoning left over).
5) After 3 minutes or so the face-down side of the shrimp should be browned and showing some light charring. Flip the shrimp over and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes or until browned on the other side.
Twelve Minute Pasta Toss
* 16 ounces pasta (any shape, but make sure it's made with whole grains)
* 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
* 1 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
* 1 1/4 teaspoons dried basil
* 1 1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
* 1 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook and drain pasta as directed.
2. While pasta is cooking, in a 5-quart pot, heat olive oil and saute chicken, garlic, salt, garlic powder, basil, and oregano until chicken is cooked. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for two minutes.
3. Remove from heat and toss with pasta. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
1 bag of lettuce
1 can black beans
1/2 jar salsa
1 can diced tomatoes
2 c. cooked, sliced chicken
1 c. cottage cheese
1 c. shredded cheese (made w/ 2% milk)
10-15 tortilla chips, broken
Mix everything in a bowl! (This is my own recipe, haha)
Steak & Veggies
I use this steak marinade and make some veggies to accompany the steak:
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
* 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons dried basil
* 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
* 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
* 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic (optional)
1. Place the soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, basil, parsley, and pepper in a blender. Add hot pepper sauce and garlic, if desired. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds until thoroughly mixed.
2. Pour marinade over desired type of meat. Cover, and refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Cook meat as desired.
Posted by JenMagenta at September 5, 2008 5:39 PM
I'll put up more in a few weeks...