Illini basketball is amazing. It's is such a pleasure to be going to school here during this season. In my short life time of watching sports I have never seen a team, save maybe the Bulls of the '90s, with such a strong will to win. And with the Bulls, I think you can say that a lot of that will came from Jordan. With this Illini team it is the desire of every player on the court. It is a delight to watch them play.
I just finished reading a book called The Tao of Pooh today. It was really interesting and I find the philosophy of taoism intriguing. From my understanding it's all about accepting things as they are and not trying to contradict the natural order of things. There was one interesting part that talked about what Pooh's favorite thing in life was and he said the moment when he sits down to eat honey just before he starts eating. The moment when the goal is in sight but it has not quite been reached. It talks about how the importance of things is not in the reward but in the journey to the reward. Once the reward is attained, it isn't quite as sweet. There was an interesting quote from Debussy in it that said, "Music is the space between the notes." The whole way of thinking is about appreciating what you have and accepting the natural order. Interesting stuff.
So I had a minor crisis this week when I felt like I might not be cut out to be either a journalist or a writer. I was struggling with my topic beat for my reporting class and a poem that I wrote elicited a comment from my professor that made me feel like I'm not making any progress at all. I freaked out a little bit but I think things are back under control. Maybe this tao thing is helping. It helped me give a friend some advice that I think was pretty good, so that's cool. I haven't really felt like going out much at all the past few days, which is weird because usually I love going out and doing stuff. So I don't know what's happening.
Anyway, I'm skipping song of the moment to post the list of tracks on the last mix I made. Enjoy.
1. It's for the Best - Straylight Run
2. Lover I Don't Have to Love - Bright Eyes
3. Ambulance - TV on the Radio
4. Ode to Kevin Arnold - Ludo
5. A Lack of Color - Death Cab for Cutie
6. Blowers Daughter - Damien Rice
7. Vision - Pedalboy
8. Same - Snow Patrol
9. Unorchestrated - Hey Mercedes
10. I'm a Terrible Person - Rooney
11. Do You Realize?? - The Flaming Lips
13. Evil - Interpol
14. Indie Rock and Roll - The Killers
15. All for Swinging You Around - The New Pornographers
16. One by One All Day - The Shins
17. Nothing Better - The Postal Service
18. Last Chance to Lose Your Keys - Brand New
19. Ten Minutes - The Get Up Kids
20. Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
21. Knees - Hot Rod Circuit
22. Perfect Lines - The Promise Ring